Saturday 11 July 2015

Guilt Free: Crunchy Oat Biscuits


I mentioned in my May post that I am on a mission to lose a couple kilos but also just try and improve my overall health. Thus far it has been good, however being me, I do have weak moments where I do feel for something a little sweet and something that still tastes atleast half decent!!!! So in my search for something that tastes like a biscuit, but has no butter, added sugar or flour (OH and it doesn't have egg either) I stumbled across these babies and wow do they pack a punch of flavour.

It literally just tastes five minutes to mix it all together and bake for 20 - 30 minutes. SO WORTH IT!!!!!! 

Ingredients: - 

1 & 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
1/2 cup of flaked coconut
1/2 cup of almonds
2 1/2 teaspoons of cold pressed organic coconut oil
1 TBLS organic agave nectar
1 TBLS organic manuka honey 
1 Tsp vanilla extract 
1 TBLS Water 

Method: - 

Preheat the oven at 150 degrees fan forced. 

Place the rolled oats, coconut and almonds into a kenwood or vitamix and Whizz until you have a mixture that feels similar to flour. Add the remaining ingredients and whizz again to end up with a thick textured dough. It will sort of be the consistency of biscuit dough however, you will not be able to roll this you will have to hand press the dough into cookies. Place onto a lined baking tray and bake the cookies until they are golden brown (20 - 30 minutes). You may think the cookie is underdone, but remove and let it cool to room temperature it will harden and you will end up with the perfect GUILT FREE Crunchy Oat Biscuits. Enjoy! Much love as always CC :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment