Saturday 11 October 2014

Delicious Watermelon Fruit Cake


The warm summer weather is upon us again this year in Australia and sometimes all you need to cool down is a great simple salad. Normally I would serve up a nice big bowl of summer fruit after dinner, but this year I decided I am going to make dessert time a celebration of fruit, with a festive fruit cake. I will be making a couple more over the season so watch this space for more images. 

All you need to make a cake this size is : - 

1/4 watermelon
1 pear
Punnet of strawberries, bluberries or raspberries (can use all 3 if you like) 
A melon baller to make the ball shapes
Cherries 
Grapes 
Lychee/Litchi 

Method: - 

Simply slice the watermelon in half and use the centre of the watermelon to cut out four even sized slices to form the base of the cake. Use the melon baller for the remainder of the watermelon to form balls and place ontop of the slices to create the cake toppings. I did not have berries with me on the day so I used a pear, but my ideal cake would have berries, grapes and any other seasonal fruit ontop as well. I will share more images as soon as I make more festive fruit cakes, just to show you what amazing stuff you can make with fruit. Ciao ciao :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment