Tuesday 11 November 2014

Chocolate Truffles - healthy, guilt free and completely satisfying


It was 4pm yesterday afternoon, when my sugar fix decided to kick in and all I could think of and feel for was Chocolate!!!!! Yes!!!!!!! Chocolate seems to be my weakness when I need something to pick me up quickly. So instead of giving into the chocolate and candy aisle in woolworths I decided to head back home and make something healthy but still give me that chocolate flavour. I bet many of you will like this recipe, I honestly think that if you gave this to your kid, they would not be able to tell the difference. Ofcourse they would have to like peanut butter and you will see why.... ;)

Ingredients: - 

I like to use certified organic products for when I make anything that is raw. So for this recipe all the ingredients I used were organic. This recipe would make about 10 - 15 small balls, you could freeze this until you are ready to use or keep refrigerated.  

1/2 cup Peanut butter or you could use Tahini preferably the unhulled version 
1 TBLS Coconut oil 
1 TBLS Cacao powder
10 - 15 Dates that have the pitt removed 
Coconut flakes to roll the balls in at the end

Method: - 

Place all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until the ingredients are well combined. Take about a Teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. You could coat the outside using coconut flakes, or if you want to make this really special specifically to gift, my suggestion would be to roll in cacao powder. They look so professional and your friends and family will love this. 

Here is a pic below where I gifted some of the Chocolate Truffles as Christmas gifts. ENJOY Much love CC :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment