Tuesday 23 September 2014

The guilt free Chip - Kale Chips



The first time I tasted these, was when my sister in law made them. Initially, I thought they would taste like nori (Which I am not a fan of at all!!!) but once I tried one, I couldn't stop and now I am hooked to this delicious snack, thanks Ameeta for introducing them to me.

This is not only a healthy snack, but a super super crunchy one and a great way to introduce your kids to eating kale. It is so easy, 15 minutes is all you need and you have a great guilt free snack for your family.

Ingredients: - 

Kale leaves, about 5 - 6 leaves cut into bite size pieces (stem removed) 
Any seasoning you like I used Nando's Peri Peri Salt
1/4 Tsp Fennel Seeds
2 TBLS Olive Oil
Baking paper 


As you can see from the picture above, it is this simple. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and mix everything together in a bowl. Place the seasoned kale leaves into a baking tray lined with baking paper and place into the oven for 8 minutes. Check that all the leaves have crisped up and drain on paper towel. Place into an airtight container and keep for 3 - 4 days or until they run out, which I guarantee will be before that. :) Enjoy!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment